A format that works for the local church
A typical Tent Theology course lasts ten days: two weekends with the week in between. Tent Theology is flexible and can offer services other than the full ten-day program such as one day workshops, weekend church retreats, staff development days, week long theological residencies and more.
Most material is delivered at the weekends. These are dynamic lectures and practical exercises, always in an environment of fellowship and corporate worship.
A typical weekend might look as follows:
- Friday - dinner, worship and an evening session
- Saturday - breakfast, worship and two sessions
- Sundays - incorporation into the life of the church, with a session delivered instead of the sermon, or as an adult Sunday school
Tent Theology activities on weekdays and weeknights are tailored to the congregation.
Examples of mid-week activities might include:
- Teaching sessions
- ‘Grill a theologian’ youth events
- Guest hosting of small groups
- ‘How to teach the bible’ training events for small group leaders
- Healing and listening prayer theology and practice evenings
- Facilitated reading groups
- Theology talks for parent-toddler mornings
- One-to-one mentoring sessions